How it filters...

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by guest, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Hi

I simply want to know how look 'n' stop filters the network traffic? Does it uses a driver to hijack the traffic? Does it uses the new windows filtering platform on Vista?

If it uses a driver, how does it work? don't fear to be technical ;) Or simply give me a good link

Thanks

Alex

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

The Internet Filtering uses an NDIS Intermediate driver.

Regards,

Frederic

3. guest

guest Guest

Got it, as said in my other post, I don't really know (or not at all) the networking stack of windows... If there is such a driver... My understanding of it is that this driver can filter just about everything... then what are the use for all the other look 'n' stop drivers I see in my system? like ip, ipv6, network monitor or something...

Again, if you have some good books or links for me ;)

Thanks

Alex

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Sorry, I don't have any book or links in hands, you have to search in Microsoft MSDN documentation for more details, or simply use your favorite search engine ;)

Interfaces like "(IP) - Look 'n' Stop driver", "WAN Miniport (IP) - Look 'n' Stop driver"... are for WAN connection type.
    The "Network Monitor" interface appeared with Vista and I'm not sure of its purpose. Look 'n' Stop detects it because this adapter exposes the right interface like any other network adapter.

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.