How is universal restore only comes with 9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markymoo, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

I used 9 10 and 11 and seen as the newest true image 11 don't detect my raid i thought i go back to 9 with universal restore to load in my raid driver. How is it version 11 don't have universal restore or detect raid? I don't get how you can call the new version, version 11 its a backstep for all new technologies.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The version 9 that you have is probably the Workstation type, whereas the version 11 that is now out is the Home type which does not have the UR option.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I don't think it's step backwards that Acronis meant to take. ATI 11 is just a screwed up release, worse than the usual new-version bugs as it doesn't do things earlier versions did, that it's supposed to do, and the failure of which makes the program unusable for the basic prupose for which it is intended.

Interesting anecdote. Acronis sent me an iso, trying to fix the can't-see-Intel-RAID prob. After a couple of isos, they had one that saw the RAID for backups although not for restores -- still no cigar but closer, right? Then they sent a subsequent iso, but that one couldn't see the RAID at all -- do not pass Go, do not collect $200. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

My guess is that Acronis just doesn't have the staff and resources to keep up with all the hardware that's out there no with all the feature changes and version deadlines that marketing (presumably) is imposing on the engineers. Unfortunatley it's unlikely to get more resources if it keeps releasing things like ATI 11.8027, with a mare's nest of features and a bigger nest of bugs.

4. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

give me 2 competent passionate techys and i build you a backup software unsurpassed with all raid drivers built in and no bartpe needed with a great gui. whats the big obstacle? i wouldn't dare build more features and call it a new version if i cant do the essentials. rule no.1 don't piss off your client base. trouble is these big companies get there money too easy.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup software

Please note that Acronis True Image Home product line has not Acronis Universal Restore included. This add-on is only available for our Corporate product line. Most probably you are talking about Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation (it's latest version in our corporate product line).

Please also note that the fix for RAID support and new drivers in Acronis Bootable Rescue Media is going to be released in the nearest future.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.