How is Prevx?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cheater87, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i dont know why they call it "Prevx 1 1", but the file they link to is the latest version (Prevx1 Release v2.0.0.60).

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Thanks for the info. I may give it a good lookat. Prior to that, I like to know how does it compare to other freewares such as SSM free, cyberhawk. I remember i used prevex home some long time ago,but could not recall anything worth mentioning. hanks.

3. WSFuser

ive never tried cyberhawk, but i can say that prevx1 is unique among HIPS. i say this because it has three modes: ABC, Pro, and Expert

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8543/prevx1gt3.jpg

ABC mode is so great, long gone are the days of numerous pop-ups.

of course, if u like complete control over your computer then perhaps Pro or Expert mode would better suit you.

and lastly, teh paid version lets u create custom modes. for example u can tell Prevx what system areas to monitor and how it should react.

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i have mine on ABC mode

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Pro mode will still actually only prompt you on unknowns, unlike Expert mode, so it's a good "in between" with prompts that are more focused on things that actually stand a chance of being malware. For those that still want to see what's going on with your system, just turn on Event Notification in the Preferences, and you'll see a small notification each time something happens (doesn't prompt, just lets you know that it's happened). There have been plenty of times that this has come in handy :)

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

if i accidently block a good thing can i unblock it?

7. WSFuser

yes. open up the Prevx1 Console, go to the Jail section, and then drag the item from Jail to On Probation.

correction: if u blocked teh file and not prevx1, then go to teh Advanced section and click on the Personal Rules tab.

there u can find teh programs u allowed or denied always.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.