how is mcaffee ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by john_84, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john_84

john_84 Registered Member

how is mcaffee in memory and resources. is it good in virus detection

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

In my opinion, McAfee is not too bad on resources. A lot depends on your computer and its memory and processing power. I noticed things slowing down somewhat on mine, but not to the point that it was annoying. I used McAfee V7

As for detection rates, I think McAfee is among the best available in virus, worm, and trojan detection, always near the top with Kaspersky and other AV's powered by the Kaspersky engine.

3. Trans

Trans Registered Member

If you have the time,try it !
    Theoretically many products are good
    but don't buy anything before you try it
    yourself !
    This is especially true for the BIG guys
    like Kaspersky,NOD,Norton,McAfee...

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

McAfee v7 don't use a lot of resources on my computer. I like the detection rate on it but it's rater annoying on my machine when I have to diable the shield to update.

5. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Try to get your hands on McAfee VS 7.10 Enterprise to try out, very light on resources. (atleast for me) Not much of a fan of 8.0. Though it's good news the Enterprise version doesn't look like it's headed in the same direction as 8.0, with 7.35 about to start beta testing.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have used mcafee for a very long time and I think it is probably one of the very best av's out there.I have used almost every av made and I keep coming back to mcafee. If you do try mcafee get the 7.03 version It is a lot more configurable than mcafee8.0. The detection rates are as good as any av. you can check the detection rates for mcafee and most of the better av's at the link. www.av-comparatives.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.