How is KIS 2014 Now

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have not used it for a year or so, and wondered if it is running well for the folks here?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

2. marv04

marv04 Registered Member

It still blocks my Skype connection now and then...

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I installed KIS but have not found options in scanning to scan only new and changed files. Have these settings/options been discontinued?
    Jerry

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

They have been. I have seen rumor they may come back for 2015, but I didn't see them in the beta. That said I haven't really missed those settings much in the 2014 version. At the current patch level (e) it seems a very good product.

@marv04:
    I have an office of 15 people using this with Skype all day long and haven't had a problem with KIS blocking it. All running Windows 7 64 bit. Maybe there is another issue, or a combination of factors?

5. marv04

marv04 Registered Member

Might be a problem with Windows 8.1. The Skype forums are full of the same issue and they all use Kaspersky! Otherwise Kaspersky was very light in the system.

6. The Jackal

The Jackal Registered Member

KIS 2014 is the buggiest KIS I've tried.

Issues not resolved yet:

1) Not compatible with Nero Platinum Suite 2014 and won't be fixed. When you try to burn a CD it's either very slow or doesn't burn.

2) If you update your Windows 8.1 to the latest spring update, upon reboot, you will get an endless loop of BSODs and their excuse is, we do not support updates that have not been publicly released yet. Well guess what? the update was leaked by Microsoft themselves they're just too slow. and why would a small windows update break KIS?

Kaspersky has the best virus detection, yet the buggiest program ever

7. fax

fax Registered Member

Sorry but point 2 is ridiculous...LOL.
    As update 1 of W8.1 has NOT been officially released to the public (but only to manufacturer since few days) can you at least give the time to Kaspersky to provide compatibility before the version will reach the public officially (officially --> does not mean a leak made by mistake and removed few hours later!)?

8. Rico

Rico Registered Member

KIS 2013 & 2014 Cause "Tech Smith's - SnagIT scrolling capture, to not work! Tech Smith has made the issue known to Kaspersky, & & Kaspersky, will not reply to Tech Smith. The only work around is removal of KIS.

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the comments. KIS is running well so far. I agree that it has been buggy at times in the past. Hope this one is not for me.

Jerry

10. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have it installed on 2 personal machines with Windows 8.1 and installed the leaked update you speak of on both of them and have had no issues whatsoever. KIS, at least on its own, is not your issue. I'm typing this from that combination right now. Kaspersky, and probably any other company, will not officially support issues with leaked OSes, so you are likely on your own to troubleshoot it. I hope you find the issue, or at least made a backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.