how is escan pro in detecting viruses and trojans

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sandra, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandra

sandra Registered Member

my computer came with this antivirus software escan pro does escan pro is helpful in detecting
    trojans

2. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hi sandra,
    maybe u can find some help here
    http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/escan/escan2.asp
    do u hav got a dedicated anti-trojan in ur computer?? if u dun have that i wud suggest u TDS-3 Trojan Hunter
    thx

3. sandra

sandra Registered Member

if i download tds antitrojan trial version . should i disable escan pro

4. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

I believe escan uses the same defs as KAV, so its detection rate against trojans should be quite good (though not exactly the same). For more info take a look at this thread at dslr (note: comparison made with escan free) http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,8114922~mode=flat?hilite=escan.

Though it might not be worth mentioning (as this does not reflect trojan detection)... a difference can also be seen in test results conducted by virusbulletin. Where escan failed feb2003 and kav passed for that particular month.

There should also be no conflict with escan and TDS (no need to disable escan). TDS trial is also limited because it does not come with execution protection (TDS' resident protection). So I see no problems with having them both installed. BOClean is another anti trojan worth mentioning.

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No, sandra - you've added good extra layered defense, and the both won't conflict. Make sure to manually download and install the latest database update from TDS ("radius") as mentioned on the DCS/TDS download page though ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.