How In The World Do I Disable Email Client Protection?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by budachild, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budachild

budachild Registered Member

I don't use Outlook or any of those email types of programs. I only use websites to check my virtual email like hotmail, gmail, etc. Hence I don't need email client protection from ESET 4. I can't seem to disable it though...

I've tried going into the advanced settings tree, clicking on Email Client Protection in the left window, and unchecking the "enable email client protection" box in the grey portion of the window. It turns it off and I get a pop up notification stating that "I may not be fully protected". For verification I'll click the SETUP tab in the normal window outside of settings tree, and I'll see it says EMAIL CLIENT PROTECTION DISABLED. But when I restart the pc it renables itself!

How can this be? The program has no right to do that if I initially told it to turn it off. It shouldn't just turn itself back on reboot. I don't need to use that feature and would like to use the spare ram it uses because I have an old old old old computer.

Is there a way to permanently disable EMAIL CLIENT PROTECTION?

Thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can disable integration with your mail client (the last item in the setup tree). Disabling other settings will not free any additional memory.

3. budachild

budachild Registered Member

From what I've read that only disables the added toolbars! It doesn't disable the entire EMAIL CLIENT PROTECTION. BlackSpear even posted it in his EAV STICKY on this forum. And of course you do gain back some ram when you disable major features in most programs. When I tried to disable as per my first post, it I calculated the system ram usage with SYSTEM MECHANIC and it was much lower...

SOURCE:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1162242&postcount=108

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.