How I Got 60 times Faster Internet For $6 More A Month

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by itman, Apr 6, 2017.

1. itman

itman Registered Member

AT&T is offering fiber 1000 mbps for $70/month for 12 months promo in my area. My crappy Uverse DSL 18 mbps was costing me $54/month. With bundling and promo discounts, my net cost increase per month is $6. Sweet.

Also installation is free w/new router. Plus no caps on downloads - unlimited.

-EDIT- Actually, you need 1000 mbps to keep up with Win 10 gargantuan update downloads:D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

thats a nice deal for you. :) sad here where i live(germany) are only 16k avaiable in this smal town. I realy hate it that germany is so far behind when it comes to internet.

3. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

How much does it go up after the 12 month promo? maybe not such a good deal then?

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'm in Australia, and I've got around 13-14 Mbps download, and just 0.9 Mbps upload speed :thumbd:

5. itman

itman Registered Member

I'll just switch to a lower cost plan when promo is over. Main thing is to get the fiber connection to the house installed for free.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.