How HIP is this ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by StevieO, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

I hadn't heard about this one until today. It sounds very interesting to me, see what you make of it !

Determina

Determina has brought to market a truly revolutionary host-based intrusion prevention system (HIPS) that eliminates the threat of the most dangerous class of software attacks. Based on many years of research at M.I.T., Determina new "Memory Firewall" technology is 100% effective against all types of memory-based attacks. Utilizing this unique technology, the Determina SecureCore product suite pro-actively protects systems software running on enterprise servers without signatures, training, policies, or false positives.

Solution Overview

Determina represents the next generation of intrusion prevention software that goes beyond mere detection and current "best-effort" prevention to fully eliminate the threat of the most critical software attacks. Determina utilizes unique patent-pending Memory Firewall technology which blocks attacks at the most fundamental level, by dynamically building a protective shield around programs while they run in computer memory. This groundbreaking approach has proven to be 100% effective against all memory-based attacks - such as Code Red, Blaster, Slammer and Sasser - without false positives or ongoing overhead.

Learn more about Determina Memory Firewall technology »

Determina SecureCore for " Zero-Touch " Security
    Determina SecureCore provides a robust intrusion prevention system (IPS) software that can be deployed broadly across all enterprise servers. Determina offers key advantages over existing approaches, providing true "zero-touch" security for complete peace of mind:

Systematic - The only solution that systematically blocks an entire class of known and unknown attacks without signatures, training, policies or human intervention.

No Maintenance - The only solution that requires no ongoing maintenance to be effective. It deploys on a server in minutes and doesn't require training, tuning, or signature updates. It offers fool-proof security without associated operational costs.

Accurate - The only solution that is 100% accurate. It doesn't generate false positives or false negatives, only confirmed incidents of real attacks.

Pro-active - The only solution that fully blocks malicious code before execution, preventing even a single line of unintended code from executing.

http://www.determina.com/product/overview.asp

StevieO

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi StevieO. :)

Upon reading, it appears it's orientated for a Network based system.

I downloaded the PDF Product Brochure which had the following info

I then went to 'more information' but had to fill in a form and in a 'Required Field' you had to give company name with all details. [did not do that btw ;) ]

Soooo based upon that premise, I conclude it's company/corporate orientated and can see nothing to indicate single/standalone PC. [although one part there it says 'Standalone' but are referring to a Server]

Cheers, TAS

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

whoa sukarof, priced right out of this little black duck's league, lol.... I tried looking for a price on site, but you had to fill in form. Thanks for the info. ;)

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.