How heavy is AVS?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Hello. I was wondering how much memory AOL's Active Virus Shield takes up. Also, being that it is a Kapersky OEM what all is disabled (if anything) in the AOL version? Are there any issues running it?

Finally, what about the AOL firewall and Anti-Spyware programs? Are those McAfee?
    Thanks.

2. daddymo3

daddymo3 Registered Member

I'm not sure how heavy it is,I have just started using it myself.To me it seems to be lighter than Avast!(if thats any help to you)I am having an issue with updating now.It worked fine when I downloaded it but it now hasn't updated in a couple of days.(it keeps trying though)I am still waiting for a reply from support.
    AOL has two anti-virus...AVS(anti-virus and mal-ware) and security center which is basically a Mcaphee suite.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the AOL AVS has teh web mail and proactive defense removed. i think one or a few of teh settings are missing as well, but i cant recall which ones.

and yes, afaik, AOL's other security product is by McAfee.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The full security suite from AOL is McAfee. The AVS av actually runs fairly light.

5. daddymo3

daddymo3 Registered Member

I have a mail anti-virus in my version of AVS,and I also have something called an Active Virus Shield,I don't know if its the same as the pro-active defence.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Active Virus Shield = AVS = name

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

AVS runs pretty light. I used it a few months ago and never noticed any performance issues. Its a little heavier than the featherweights avg and antivir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.