How have I been blocked?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mfsa, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfsa

mfsa Registered Member

Hi all,

First of all, sorry if I didn't post this in the right section; I didn't really know where to post it.

My situation: I have been banned from a blog (because of opposing the owner's point of view; I think I am the first on the net to have gone there :D ).

Now, the funny thing is this:
    - Computer 1 (my normal 'puter that I used to make that post): Firefox 3.6 can access the site normally, but internet explorer suddenly can not; it is waiting endlessly for the page to open.
    - However, on computer 2 the site is opened in both FF and IE immediately.

I deleted cookies and temp files, but still no solution; IE on comp1 keeps on waiting for the site.

How have these guys blocked me, does anybody know? I'm curious about how they did it, because it isn't on ip (both comps are behind a router with 1 dynamic IP).

Any thoughts?

Thanks ;)

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

If you were blocked then it would be regardless of browser used. There is something corrupt on IE install on that 1 machine

3. mfsa

mfsa Registered Member

Normally that would make sense, but my guess is right now it does not: since yesterday evening I used IE to post to that site, that was the last site I visited (shutdown my comp), and this morning it suddenly acts weird. I don't think it has anything to do with IE being corrupt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.