How good are Sophos products these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AlexC, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

How good are Sophos products these days? Haven´t see any recent comparative tests...

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

3. joter

joter Registered Member

Very good...

regards
    joter

4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! I checked out the Sophos site and maybe I'm wrong but I believe the product is Enterprise or Business focused. I know Webroot used to incorporate it in the old versions of Webroot Secure Anywhere...before the Prevx purchase. It has a Security Suite but refers to Endpoint which is used primarily in Business environments. And you have to contact partners in various locations worldwide to secure pricing. Sophos has always been regarded highly by businesses...I'd be interested if anyone wants to inquire if the product is available for the Home User...and what the Price Point might be. Sincerely...Securon

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I once contacted them (about 4y ago) asking for pricing on one-user licenses and they said that was not possible to do through their website. However, they suggested at the time to contact my local Sophos partner on the matter.
    Have a look here:
    http://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/buy-now/buy-sophos-online.aspx

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

7. fax

fax Registered Member

8. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I´ve recently tried this free Sophos Virus Removal Tool and i was interested to know about other people experiences.

I´ve tried this in one infected computer against Panda Cloud Cleaner, and Sophos seems to detected more malware. And differently form Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or Dr.Web it allows to update the signatures...

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

out of interest how long did sophos take to scan?
    I tried it on a clean machine to test for fp and gave up after awhile since the scan was so slow.

10. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I don´t remember, but i know that it was not too long (maybe near 1 hour). I know that at some point the scan speed increased.

11. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! It appears Sophos is totally focused on the Enterprise market. In my opinion there's simply so many alternatives available to the Consumer I'd stick to what's available...and at a reasonable price point. Sincerely...Securon

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I should mention that home users can get 10 free licenses for sophos antivirus.
    I belive you need to install sophos utm on a dedicated computer which is then used to deploy the antivirus to your home computers.

for more info see the sophos link in my signiture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.