How does PES Malware Removal stack up?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Ikester, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ikester

Ikester Registered Member

From the web site info as well as some topics here, I understand that PES can detect all manner of malware ... even RKs! But one thing I haven't found is how this product stacks up against products focused to doing a bang-up job for specific malware threats. For example virus detectors such as Kaspersky, AVG, ESet's NOD32, McAfee, even Norton I suppose, have a proven track record removing viruses better than non-specific malware removal tools. Same story with trojan detectors such as Trojan Hunter and ewido. Same story with spyware removal tools such as Spyware Blaster and Spybot (free tools BTW). Since RK detectors are springing up and the dust hasn't yet settled I suppose it's too early to claim an track record in this area however Blacklight, IceSword, and RK Revealer are certainly highly regarded.

What I'm getting to is whether PES holds the promise of being able to drop all those purpose-built malware detector/removers in favour of a single anti-malware product. Or is PES attempting to chew off too much and/or overpromoting their product as a GP anti-malware product?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.