How does one know when there is a beta out?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bowhuntr, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowhuntr

bowhuntr Registered Member

Also, is it available to registered users to try out?

Thanks,
    bowhuntr

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Well, when version 2 came out as a beta, we found it on Eset's home site (the corporate site) sort of buried there. No announcement or anything. It was the English version. This was on Christmas eve. Later, we learned that Eset intended that download as a Christmas present to their local users in Slovakia...although why, if this was the case, it was in English was never figured out as far as I recall. (Eset hadn't intended for us to find that and we got no answers to questions or help until after the holidays which was ok since the rest of the world was not supposed to be using it until after the holidays). After the holidays, Eset posted it on NOD32 sites. I assume that this upcoming beta will be posted on NOD32 sites and someone with Eset will probably announce the posting in this forum. So, I suggest you just keep checking here and check your NOD32 site regularly.

When it is officially posted by Eset, it will be available to ALL registered NOD32 users to try. Although there may not be all language versions available at first.

3. sig

sig Registered Member

When a public beta is released one imagines it will be announced here by ESET. A public beta likely would be available for anyone to try as was the beta of NOD Version 2 (at least I think anyone could download the beta as it was a limited time software). If the beta is made public, as it seems it will be, certainly at a minimum registered users would be able to try it out.

At present it appears that ESET is making some beta versions available to specific users if it might remedy problems they are having with the current commercial release. But it is not presently available for all.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, All

Could someone make a reply to bowhuntr post please.

I have never used a NOD32 beta so can not help him.

And would not mined doing some testing either.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Edit: Mele20 and sig, you have done so as I was typing my post Thanks very much to you Both.

5. bowhuntr

bowhuntr Registered Member

Thanks, guys. That's what I was wondering about.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi guys,
    we are very close to release the beta. Personally I assume it will be announced on our website as well as here on the Wilders' forum.

7. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Marcos

Thank you for your Reply.

Nice to hear it from Eset.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

8. I guess that would rule me out LOL.. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.