How does Defensewall alert you of keyloggers?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Boost, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Trying Defensewall out and was curious how it alerts you in such a case,

thanks.

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

A popup to alert of keylogging behaviour. Click 'OK' to allow the behaviour and continue, or 'Terminate' to terminate the program initiating the keylogging behaviour.

3. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Some are blocked silently in the same way as most potential breaches by an untrusted application. Others where they use keylogging techniques commonly used by other safe applications you are alerted as scoobs describes.

It's maybe worth noting keylogging is not blocked in those circimstances. You either allow it to continue or terminate the keylogger. One of the very few critcisms of Defensewall I have is that this alert is not 'in your face' enough but I know most will disagree.

It's also worth noting its only untrusted applications. If you have a keylogger already installed then add Defensewall it will not alert as say other classical HIPS/behaviour blockers might as it does not know if it came through an untrusted source. That's unlikely IMO and Defensewall does a great job against keyloggers.

Cheers

4. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Yes, that is a very important point and one I glossed over a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.