How do you search (s-e-a-r-c-h) help? (h-e-l-p)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by _Fish_, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Fish_

_Fish_ Former Poster

Wilders Security Forums are lame. I have a question about how to search Paragon Backup and Security Suite 10's Help information, and this dang forum doesn't allow me to search for the word "search" nor even for the word "help"! How the HECK am I supposed to get the help I need?! o_O

(SIGH)

Anyway... the question is just as posed above: how do you search the Help information?! o_O

There's a Help tab with a nice Contents, Index, Search and Glossary button, but clicking the Search button shows me the index or something.

But there's no search field! :ouch:

How the HECK do you search the Help information?! o_O

Thanks. :(

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

If you are done sighing what happens when you click Search in the menu bar?

Attached Files:

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Not a very nice first time post there _Fish_ lol (l-o-l)

maybe a

'keyword+keyword-keyword' site:wilderssecuritydotcom google may help next time :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  4. _Fish_

_Fish_ Former Poster

You misunderstand. I'm not asking how to search the forum. I know how to do that.

My question is how do you search the Paragon Backup and Recovery Suite 10 help information?

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I understand perfectly. Removed one off topic post, please stay on topic and topic only. Hopefully somebody will bother to attempt to help you further. To me it sounds that somehow the help file is corrupt somehow or something is blocking it. In addition there is a knowledge base articles to help with any app issues
    http://kb.paragon-software.com/paragon/templ/302.jsp?catId=2124

6. stackz

stackz Registered Member

The search probably isn't the type of 'search' you are expecting. It's similar to index. You click on the letter that your keyword begins with, then you are presented with a new listing containing the first and second letters of the keywords available. eg. TA TE TH TI etc. Clicking on any of them takes you to the first entry in the index that begins with those first two letters.

7. _Fish_

_Fish_ Former Poster

Obviously not, since your reply included an image of the forum's search bar, which was obviously not what I was asking about.

~ Off Topic Remarks Removed ~

How did the file become corrupt? This is a brand new first-time install. How can I tell whether it's corrupt or not? And if it is, how do I fix it? What could be blocking it and how do I unblock it? How should I proceed?

Unless you can point to a specific KB article on the subject that's no help to me at all, Cudni. Sorry. I looked through the KB articles and couldn't find anything on the subject in question.

But perhaps I didn't look hard enough? Is there a specific article on the subject that you can point me too?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  8. _Fish_

_Fish_ Former Poster

Obviously. :cautious:

If you're saying this is the way it was purposely designed then I guess I have no choice but to [reluctantly] live with it until they [hopefully] fix it. :(

Is there an official way to request such changes/fixes? A "Suggestions" or "Feature Request" forum perhaps?

Thanks.

9. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Another off topic post removed.

Any complaints concerning the moderating of these forums should be directed to the moderater or administrator of this forum by private message.

Personal attacks or vulgarities will be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.