How do you remove files from DrWeb INFECTED!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fredra, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Could someone who is famliar with the functionality of DrWeb explain to me how to delete the files DrWeb places in the INFECTED.!!! folder?
    Spider Guard seems to maintain that they are locked (never set it up that way), and the help file tells me to "pause" SpiderGuard, and I should be able to remove the "locked" files, but that didn't work.
    BTW... OS is XP SP2
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Cheers :)

2. AndreyKa

AndreyKa Registered Member

Try hold Shift key during deleting for preventing moving deleted files it trash.
    Be careful they still alive!

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Thanks AndreyKa
    They are alive for sure...lol

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Bump.

Come on, folks -- somebody give this poster a hand. I would do so but: (a) I have not encountered an inability to move or delete files from DrWeb's infected file, and (b) I am clueless about this issue.

Blackcat, shorty1, Technodrome and all -- where are you?

5. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

hmm i havent encountered this either, even tho im running drweb. i guess ive chosen to delete the infected files. no idea how to get rid of them, maybe it works if u kill both spidernt.exe processes, delete, and then reboot to restart drweb again. otherwise u can try email demo-support@drweb.com - ive emailed that address a few times lately, even though im a fully lisenced user, and ive gotten really quick and helpful replies, just a few hours.

6. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

I can't reproduce your situation but I have a couple ideas to try if you want.

First and most importantly you should change the file extension so the file is not "live" anymore. For example, change a .vbs file .#bs.
    Then try pausing Spider Guard and deleting the file.

Question: Is the file in a .zip, .rar, or other archive format? If so, Spider Guard might be preventing you from deleting it because of its format. Again, if you rename the file extension this should fix that situation I would think.

One thing I do with Dr Web is to open the drweb32.ini file in the program folder and edit the following line "EnableDeleteArchiveAction = No" to "EnableDeleteArchiveAction = Yes" (without quotes, of course)

Note that this option is referenced in the ini file twice. Once under the [windows] section, and again under the [SpIDerGuardNT] section of the .ini file.
    I suppose I should note also that Dr Web doesn't recommend enabling this option and I guess thats why they don't have it in the GUI. :)

Lastly, if after all this you still can't delete it you could try deleting it in safe mode.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  7. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Thanks shorty1

"First and most importantly you should change the file extension so the file is not "live" anymore. For example, change a .vbs file .#bs.
    Then try pausing Spider Guard and deleting the file."

That works just as you said it would.. thanks

:mad: hits head with wood...didn't think of that :mad:

Your help and assistance is appreciated.

8. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

You're welcome fredra.

Also, just out of curiosity what was the extension of the file you were trying to delete?

9. fredra

fredra Registered Member

The extensions escapes me, as I deleted them all already.

IF there is a "next time", I will make a note of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.