How do you install NOD32 (v2.7)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MaverickOP, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaverickOP

MaverickOP Registered Member

Well I finally got rid of Norton bloat and decided to go with NOD32. Do you have to register on Eset's website first before you install NOD32? or can you just install it without registering? Also I didn't notice a link on Eset's frontpage where you can register my copy. Does anyone know the correct URL?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

There are a few things that are recommended to be done before using any AV after Symantec Norton . Follow them and then download ESET NOD32.

1. Make sure all Symantec entries are removed from Control Panel > Add/Remove programs

2. Download Symantec's Norton removal tool
    Only Step 3 after you choose the product you had -> here

3. After you have it , run it and follow the instructions to uninstall any possible leftovers of Norton

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 Trial version or Full paid version

Trial version means free 30 day evauluation copy . Full paid version is the one that licensed users use

6. Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded
    Use "Typical" install

7. Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall. Then Update NOD32 !

Enjoy :thumb:

3. MaverickOP

MaverickOP Registered Member

I'm not bothering with any trial version or download. I have already purchased a retail version of NOD32. And you have not answered my question.

I'm very good with computers and I already know how to properly remove Norton AV. In fact, I already ran the Norton Removal Tool so all that stuff about rebooting etc is pointless.

Now could someone please answer my original question?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, you do not have to register if you already have a Username and Password provided by ESET, however if you have a CD with a "Serial Number" and no Username and Password, then you will need to register in order for the UN and PW to validate.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  5. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Perhaps a little rude, isn't it?
    After all Techboy was trying to help and from your post it wasn't so clear what you had already done.

But still.....

Best Regards

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Generally I am quiet and don't argue with people but what you wrote really drove me crazy !

So how can one know what you mean . Excluse me , how am I supposed to know that you :

Am I a oracle or someone from the "Tomorrow's newspaper" ? NO , I AM NOT !!! How can I know that you have already purchased the program , how can I know that you are good at computers , that you properly removed Norton ? Do you know how many people everyday "properly" remove Norton and how many of them have problems afterwards!!!? You don't know !

Thank for the support , aieie ! Right now I am becoming rude , too :D :D :D ;)

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.