How do you guys use any Kaspersky product?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Spartan, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

Don't get me wrong, I love their products, excellent protection and low system performance impact. My issue is, 3 re-activations and bam, the license is blacklisted then good luck waiting on their customer service to reset the activation count.

I hate their licensing mechanism as it doesn't allow me to reinstall freely even though it's on the same computer, same computer name/specs but they can't see that. I even ensure to delete the license from the app itself before formatting or reverting back to an older system image that I took before installing the AV but that doesn't seem to matter so I am wondering, since a lot of you here are also like me who like to try difference AVs every now and then, how does anyone in his right mind buy Kaspersky products?

They are like the only company which has such limits other AVs allow you to either delete your activated computer to replace it by another via their online portal or like ESET they check the IP where the updates for that license is coming from.

This annoys me as I can't use any of their products although they are very good.

2. kwg

kwg Registered Member

On the Devices tab of your My Kaspersky portal, there is for each of your devices a "Disconnect application" button. Doesn't clicking this button disassociate your license from the computer and make it available for installation on another (or again on the same) computer?

3. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

oh I never knew that was even possible!! Thank you so much I just saw it.

Do you think this would fix the re-activation / license blocking nuisance?

4. kwg

kwg Registered Member

I've never had a problem with multiple re-activations of a Kaspersky license on single computer, but perhaps I've never tried more than three times.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I don't reformat my machine anymore. Not necessary since the pre-Vista days. Kaspersky products uninstall more cleanly than most. If I remove it I preserve the license info so it does not require reactivation if I reinstall it. Your complaint is valid, but most of us probably aren't affected by it.

6. kaljukass

kaljukass Registered Member

But why has to be such a mess installed in your computer? Why?
    Are you boring and looking for how to create new problems or what? Any way cannot understand why people still don't understand, that Kaspersky is made only for sale. This is the biggest malware, what I have been ever seen.

7. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

I can see this thread closing soon. :rolleyes:

8. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

So can I...:isay:

9. snippits

snippits Registered Member

Kaspersky US told me that after 10 activations the key is disabled. I told them it had only been about 3 or 4 times. Anyway, they enabled the key, and then said to preserve the license information, and there will be no problems. This was a couple years ago, so not sure how they are doing it now with their online stuff.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  10. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

I second that. The customer support is not good... at all

License can be managed via online portal. So no issues there. However, I have not tested it more than 3 times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.