How do you find out about updates?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Jimbob1989, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

How do you find out about updates? I would especially appreaciate a reply from those who post in the updates forum.

Jimbob

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well, I do post sometimes in the update forum...The only way for me is by visiting the websites every now and then and then posting the details of the same. For example, if Kaspersky release 17:00 update, then I keep checking www.kaspersky.com/avupdates for any news on the same, then basically I just do a copy and paste job collecting details from here and there.

Sometimes, websites aren't updated, in this case we also set the AVs to update very hour and collect the details from update text file and post the same.

Hope that helped :)

Best Regards,
    Firecat

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Various ways ... auto-update for things like my a-v (avast) defs, because that does an incremental update quite quickly. Other things that I know get updated fairly frequently, like Ad-Aware or SpywareBlaster, I'll check every day or two.

Win Update I'll typically check once a week or so in addition to the "scheduled" second-Tuesday dates, partly to check that I haven't missed an urgent off-schedule one and also because Auto-Update (I'm set for notification only) doesn't include non-critical, "optional", stuff.

And of course, especially if a long-overdue update finally comes out, I might first learn of it via a posting here or on other boards.

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Why......Randy Bell of course!! :D

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I was thinking about maybe posting in the updates forums as well. I spend a reasonable amount of time on the internet and I can get around the different security forums pretty quickly.

Jimbob

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You'd do well, go on. Just note that if version numbers are only slightly changed for example, Trend releases update on 18:00 from previous 9:00 and version is changed from 1.256.2 to 1.256.5, then it should not be posted.

7. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I check the updates here every day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.