How do you exit ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Dialect, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dialect

Dialect Registered Member

This might be a nobb problem, but how do you exit ESET?

For some reason my ESET sometimes goes crazy and starts using 100% of the CPU. Instead of restarting computer I would simply like to exist and restart ESET.

many thanks...

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It might be better to found out what is making Eset go crazy. Can you recall what happens prior to machine locking, is Eset scanning something or are you downloading etc. etc

3. Dialect

Yea that is best of course. I wasn't doing anything actually, just working on word.

If it persists ( it has happened 3 times) i might re-install.

Anyway I would still like to know how to exit, as an option, cause this happened in the library, and the fan went crazy and its kind of disturbing and so on. And would prefer no to have to restart computer.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that it's a startup scan that is run after an update? Just for testing purposes, try disabling startup scan tasks (normally not recommended as it may reveal potential threats running on the system immediately after detection was added).

5. Dialect

Well when it happened I dont think there had been any update, and each time my comp had been running for some hours. Also, when it behaved like that, I disabled everything, but it didn't help.

I am grateful for the suggestions, and I will be monitoring more carefully to try and find out why it happens, but since it is annoying when it happens in the library, could you also just tell me how to simply exit and shut down the program, pleease :) or is this some kind of secret information :)

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

To troubleshoot the issue, please disable self-defense and restart the computer. Also download ProcDump and have it ready when ekrn spikes up the cpu for a longer time. When you reproduce the issue, run "procdump -ma ekrn.exe". Let me know when done so that I can provide you with further instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.