how do you enter proxy with user/passw?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ProxyUser, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProxyUser

ProxyUser Guest

the update for spywareblaster 3.2 requires me to use a proxy (I am behind company proxy/firewall on a lan)

what is the format to specify the username and password?

ie. for internet explorer I provide
    proxy.address.com and port 1234 and username and password

in winamp I specify it as
    proxy.address.com:1234@username:password

tried that and it does not update and it will not permit me simply to specify a proxy address as the proxy requires a username and password

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I am behind a proxy when I am work and I have never had to add a user name\password....only my proxy address and the port #

for example: abcproxy.xxx.com:8080

Don't forget the :(colon)....between proxy address and port #

You could also select the 2nd option....which would be the settings you have in IE.

Attached Files:

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

4. ProxyUser

ProxyUser Guest

well ,that is very nice for *you* (and I mean that politely)

you see, our proxy demands a user and password, for example I use Spybot S&D behind the proxy/firewall and the only way to get new updates from Spybot is to go to Advanced User, Settings, Settings and click on Use Proxy and User and Password

my question remains and I already clearly explained that my proxy requires a user/pasw combination (I gave an example of what I must do to use Winamp)

I also read the last note which stated that the user/pasw was not yet supported and thus I have a follow-up question, how can I manually update definitions?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In that note you say you read....undoubtedly you missed the part where the programmer(Javacool) said...."The link posted above should have the correct manual downloading instructions."

If you follow the below Sticky link that's prominetly displayed as part of this Forums list of threads....that's the link the programmer was referring to and it will clearly explain how to manually update the database files. You'll find it listed as item # 1....as part of the section SpywareBlaster Tips:

This Stick link---> SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.