How do you effectively manage Dr Web's 'Quarantine'?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kielty, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

OK so i have moved 2 suspicious files found by Dr Web. As far as i can tell it has moved them to the Dr Web/Infected folder.

How do you managed Dr Web's quarantine?

The 2 moved files are false positives, how do i restore if you can't remember where they came from?

Dr Web's quarantine does not seem to be very user friendly. Can anyone shed any light on how to effectively use it?

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

I agree, it's not very user friendly

Check your logs and manually restore the file.

Luckily, this big mess is already operational in the next version.

Enjoy.

3. nasdaqms

nasdaqms Registered Member

please press f1 to find where quarantine is,if you still can't find where it is.
    ----change! change your securiy software!eset is a good choice!better to think about it!

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

your infected folder is in program files, if you can't see your quarrntined files, change your folder options to show hidden files......

5. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Are we looking at a new version this fall?

6. risl

risl Registered Member

According to Igor Daniloff's latest interview, yes.

7. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

8. Bunkhouse Buck

Btw, the good Dr. is scoring well on daily, weekly and monthly zero day tests as shown at Shadowserver. Detection has improved of late (always good on their tests though) and now scoring better than Avira which I also use from time to time. :thumb:

9. risl

risl Registered Member

Am I the only drw user not that interested in v5? I just have a bad feeling that they would add some useless features trying to make it a "suite." .. or spoil the stability, lightness and minimalism that I like so much. :(

Hopefully I'm wrong here.

10. risl

risl Registered Member

Good to see you still have some faith in the Doc :thumb: It seems that they've hired a few more analysts(live.drweb.com)and have more analysts working daily than before. It used to be few guys/day but now 7-8. They probably also receive more samples from users because the av-desk service is getting more and more popular in Russia.

I've never been intrested in testing. It is enough for me that they are an established company that have many years of experience and keep developing their own technology and release virus definition updates daily/respond to new threats.

People should just accept the fact that because antiviruses are only there to fix problems that are originally caused by the OS(bugs, vulnerabilities, etc). It is simply impossible to create a perfect 100% proof product.

11. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

I'm confident we will have those in v5 too :)

12. Bunkhouse Buck

My view is they won't go away from what "got them there." If they go far heavier, then some of the competitors that run light presently will benefit.

I doubt they want to lose any market share since they are not that substantial compared to many of the others. Time will tell.

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

one of the reasons they are taking seo long is they want it working perfectly and light. it wont be heavy but wont be as light as the current version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.