how do you disable NAV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iceni60, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

my friend is going to scan his computer with a few online and standalone scanners, he has alot of malware. i think he needs to disable his NAV, do you know how to do this. thanks

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

in an email ive told him to right-click system tray icon and pick disable. is that correct?

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I do not use NAV, but this seems the standard way to disable the Real Time Monitor of most AV's ;)

The system tray icon then changes to show this disabling; a large red cross or equivalent. To double-check you can then run Task Manager, looking for the absence of the NAV Monitor process.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Blackcat. :D

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

This is indeed correct. The tray icon will then display with a red cross. The only problem is that at times NAV re-enables itself, comes back on. I don't know why it does this, what triggers this, I simply disable it again. o_O

Acadia

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Blackcat and Acadia. i'll let him know. i hope he finds his system tray icons ok. i had to tell him its the tray at the bottom right of screen(next to clock) its the yellow icon in that tray. im a newbie to computers, it makes me wonder- what have all these people that have had computers for years been doing o_O :eek: thats a rhetorical question, please dont answer :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.