how do you disable NAV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iceni60, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

my friend is going to scan his computer with a few online and standalone scanners, he has alot of malware. i think he needs to disable his NAV, do you know how to do this. thanks

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

in an email ive told him to right-click system tray icon and pick disable. is that correct?

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I do not use NAV, but this seems the standard way to disable the Real Time Monitor of most AV's ;)

The system tray icon then changes to show this disabling; a large red cross or equivalent. To double-check you can then run Task Manager, looking for the absence of the NAV Monitor process.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Blackcat. :D

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

This is indeed correct. The tray icon will then display with a red cross. The only problem is that at times NAV re-enables itself, comes back on. I don't know why it does this, what triggers this, I simply disable it again. o_O

Acadia

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Blackcat and Acadia. i'll let him know. i hope he finds his system tray icons ok. i had to tell him its the tray at the bottom right of screen(next to clock) its the yellow icon in that tray. im a newbie to computers, it makes me wonder- what have all these people that have had computers for years been doing o_O :eek: thats a rhetorical question, please dont answer :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.