How do you delete archives from TI11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BobbyL, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyL

BobbyL Registered Member

I am trying to manage my archives and want to delete old archives that are not needed. I drill down to the screens thru management archives, locations locatitons and then clicking a location to show all the archives. At his point I am on a screen titled "Backup Archives" and right under that is says "View, restore or delete selected backup archives."

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but when I select an archive, I do not see any way to delete it as the screen says I should be able to. I can also find no reference in the Help or User Manual to deleting selected archives.

Has anyone broken the code on this one?

Thanks,

Bobby

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Bobby,

I'm still using TI 9 so can't say whether the delete feature you are referring to in TI 11 is broke or not. However, when you get to the archive selection screen, have you tried "right clicking" on the image file you want to get rid of and selecting "Delete" from the menu? If that works then I guess you would have to individually delete any associated incrementals/differentials.

Regards

Menorcaman

3. BobbyL

BobbyL Registered Member

Thanks Menorcaman, but that was the very first thing I tried. Right clicking on an archive does indeed bring up a context menu, but that menu does not include the option to delete the archive. Also, on the left pane that contains a list of operations nor in the operations pull down menu from the top of the screen is there any option to delete an archive.

The more I scratch my head on this, the more I believe that this basic capability may not actually exist.

Bobby

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

BobbyL, in order to uncover the reason for the issue in communication with Acronis Development Team we need an official support request from you. Therefore please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alex Bogomolov. Provide a short description of the issue and the link to this thread.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

5. como

como Registered Member

If you drill down thro' backup and restore to the screen below then when you click on a file click on the cross at the top, or use exployer

Attached Files:

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I don't think you would normally want to be in the create backup wizard to delete a backup file. you can delete them jsut like any other file using windows Explorer. Or if you are in the wizard, you can delete by highlighting and then clicking on the big red X (for delete).

7. como

como Registered Member

BobbyL was trying to manage the .tib files from inside TI, I showed him/her one way of doing it, but I agree it is easier from windows Explorer.
    My typo above states exployer by mistake, another senior moment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.