How do you delete an Incremental Backup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SierraTech, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SierraTech

SierraTech Registered Member

In the ACRONIS Secure Zone, how can I delete a selected "Incremental Backup" but not the full backup?

I want to replace it with a newer incremental backup.

-Bob

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

You can't delete a specific incremental backup in Secure Zone. Just make another incremental backup and it will append the latest changes to the existing image.

3. SierraTech

I was wondering since I have seen previous posts discussing deleting an incramental backup, but never found a method to perform it.

The only method I knew was to delete the secure zone and start over (which gets rid of all backups of course).

Thanks, you confirmed my findings!

-Bob

4. SierraTech

Interesting Problem:

Build 937 didn't like Build 903's Secure Zone. When I tried to perform another Increamental I got an Exception Error! o_O

Ultimately I used "Manage Secure Zone" to delete the secure zone (wish I didn't have to do that), and create a new Secure Zone. I then did a new "Full Backup".

Hope I can rely on this...........

-Bob

5. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

What was the exception? Was the SZ full? As long as the SZ is large enough to accomodate 2 or 3 backup cycles ( a cycle being a full backup and all the incrementals relating to that full backup) then the space in SZ will be managed automatically by TI. When the SZ becomes full TI will release the space occupied by the oldest backup cycle and re-use it. If you only have one full backup in SZ and you keep adding incrementals then eventually SZ will become full but TI cannot release any space because that would mean overwriting the only backup in SZ. If that situation happens then you don't have to delete and re-create SZ, simply create another image and select the full backup option and it will create a full backup over the existing contents of SZ.

6. SierraTech

I don't recall the exception error (It happened at at a time where I was doing several other things, so I had to move on).

My SZ is 49.98 Gbytes of which more than 35GBytes was free (1 Full and 1 incremental). So Build 937 didn't like doing an incramential off the previous version.

After deleteting SZ and the backing up, all is fine, albeit I was not too happy losing a backup I had to restored from.

-Bob

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SierraTech,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

pjb024 is correct concerning deleting individual images in Acronis Secure Zone. You can also find more information in section 3.2.3 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

As for the other problem you have reported, I'm afraid that there is no chance to figure out what have caused the problem, since you have already re-created Acronis Secure Zone and everything works fine now (without error messages).

However, if you want us to investigate that problem then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Send these files to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will forward this information to our Testing Team and try to reproduce the same situation.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.