how do you burn CDs?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, im at a friend's house, using XP home, and we're going to try and burn some CDs :eek: :cool:. my computer wont burn CDs, so ive never tried to do it. he bought some blank CDs, should he have got DVDs?.

im thinking of downloading deepburner, or, i think this will be my first pick
    CDBurnerXP Pro
    but also i see that WMP can do it, but unless there's a fairly good reason to use WMP instead of deepburner or CDBurnerXP Pro, we'll use them instead.

is there anything we should know before we start? can you give us some tips? or, do you know of any good programs we can use?
    thanks, iceni and chris :)

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

we installed deepburner :) . i copied one of their Van Halen songs, from a CD, that was legally bought from a shop, onto the HD. can i burn this song? or will it have something to stop it from being burned?.

if someone has deepburner, or knows how to burn music, can you show me how to do it please? :) i wouldnt normally ask so quickly after having installed a program, and not going through the help files fully, but i have to go home ASAP, i need to be up in 6 hours :eek: thanks :)

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have never used deep burner but the screen shots here pretty much give you a general idea how to use it.

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Bigc. i'll take alook, i feel bad for asking without doing all i can to find out myself, im just in a hurry to help my friend then get home. are there any extensions i should read up on e.g. ISO. and do you mean that you use a different freeware burner? thanks :)

5. bigc73542

In most burning programs you pick what you want to do, such as make an audio cd. Then it will ask you to choose what you want to record and you look to where you have your music stored and click the songs you want and it will add them to the record list. and usually it will tell you how much room you still have on the disc you are recording. When you get it full or you get the amount of songs you want to record you just hit the burn button or the equivelent of it on that program and make sure you have a blank cdr in the burner. now this might seem like a silly question but he does have cd-rw or cdr burner in his computer doesn't he?

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for your help and time Bigc. i'll leave this with them, im going home to bed :D. thanks again Bigc :)

7. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Copy individual audio track to the hard drive in the form of .WAV file. Now drag and drop each .WAV file to the burn compilation screen of your CD writer software. Make sure that the CD writer software is set to make AUDIO CD. Don't exceed the 700MB capacity of the CD-R disc. Select the burn speed. I like to use 4x or slower...better readability and long term stability. Hit the burn icon.

You may want to try on CD-RW disc first to avoid coasters.

8. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

I burn cds by using wood an kerosene :)
    I like Nero though... Its really simple, and you can have the advanced interface too if you want. and nod32_9 is right... trying a CDRW is good as you can rewrite on it if there is an error.
    And I believe Win Xp has built in CD burning capabilities (but usually, this method requires wood and kerosene at the end)

9. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, nod32_9 and no13. i'll keep your idea's in mind next time i see my friend. :) thanks

10. bigc73542

The cd burning plugin in WMP is nero

11. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

Probably, tho' I meant that WinXP has built in capability for that (u can see it in every folder's left pane in webview/common tasks when u select a file or folder)

12. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi IC and chris
    I have a real easy program Ashampoo cd recording suite--works very well and easy too--my kind of prog :D
    rita

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, for all your help and ideas. but i didnt realise that the WMP plugin was nero, is that what most people use, the WMP plugin? where can i get it?
    http://www.nero.com/en/631932719540364.html
    or
    http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/
    its not for me, but i think my friend likes freeware (no risk of having your credit card no. stolen over internet) good excuse i think. :D
    so do you use the nero plugin, or nero by it's self? is nero freeware?
    thanks

14. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi IC
    Ive never even tried nero but it came with the software already installed on my computer,i guess i should take a look at it,it may be a good prog.will post back in a bit
    Rita

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  15. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Rita. Nero is either very good and thats why people use it. or it comes installed, as with you, on computers and thats why people use it. i dont know which o_O . maybe i'll give my friend a call and go around there now :D see if we can burn anything :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.