How do uninstall SpywareGuard 2.2???

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jldjs, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jldjs

jldjs Registered Member

Why you ask? I can't find it in the ADD/Remove programs list (XP Home)! I installed it tonight but. I use Prevx, so during the Setup I had to respond to a bunch of Prevx messages. Finally SWG appeared to be completing but the Setup program was hung. I couldn't end it no way. Couldn't even reboot because Setup was hung and something called INS6B.exe wouldn't respond. SO, I pulled the plug and restarted. SG was there as a desktop icon, and I started it and the red SG came up in the systray. Got a couple of home page trying to be changed messages (annoying), but all seemed well. Not trusting the whole install thing I decided to un-install and start over, this time with Prevx disabled. I shut SWG down from the systray icon and checked to see that the two processes were gone. But, can't find SWG in the list of programs to un-install. Need some help understanding this.
    Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

With Prevx shut down....have you tried to re-install SpywareGuard and then see if you can un-install via Add\Remove o_O

3. jldjs

jldjs Registered Member

Thanks, that did it. I've only been using Prevx for a week and I find it to be more of a nuisance than a help. I will disable it. I've read through a number of the posts here because I was hesitant to use SWG since I already use Spyware Blaster. Seems that they can be used together so I'll continue using it. Do you know of any conflict with Start page Guard? Maybe they're just redundant with respect to the IE home page changing.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Your Welcome....and glad it worked for ya.

I'm not familar with Start page Guard....other than what they mention below....which is what Spywareguard does. I would have to test it before giving a qualified answer.

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/downloads/spg/

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.