"How do I..."?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SG1, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Got XP Pro the other day and I think due to test and uninstall of AVG AV Free Ed., I have a registry entry that will not go away and it calls to an .exe to startup (which is no longer on any of three drives). I can erase it, disable it etc., but it always returns - almost instantly. Ideas how to stamp this out?

Thanks, SG1 (Pat)

2. hadi

hadi Guest

start>run>msconfig>OK>startup tab>untick the .exe related entry>apply/OK>reboot

3. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Thanks - but said file is not listed there.

SG1 (Pat)
    ========================

InnoSetupRegFile.0000000001,"C:\WINDOWS\is-GSV13.exe"" /REG"

Said file from AV trial - I'm pretty sure - no longer exists on drive/s anywhere. But Reg. file calls it up or tries to, at ea. bootup. Annoying, to say the least.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  4. hadi

hadi Guest

5. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Hadi;

It returns almost instantly after disabling it, or even after deleting it (via Code Stuff Starter or Startup Control Panel or even if I change or erase it in the Registry. But, all security apps say nothing's amiss on this PC - and I have a gazillion security apps., and try out more almost daily).

Yes, I'm aware that it sounds like nasty behavior at work, here, but again I'm almost certain it was left over from the Grisoft's trial AVG app. Guess I'd better write them, to be sure it is one of their files mentioned in Registry.

--pat

6. hadi

hadi Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.