How do I?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rabbithunter, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabbithunter

rabbithunter Registered Member

The US is making it difficult to play online poker at some sites. The game client software is loaded on my computer.
    I want to log on to the game site with either no trace of where I'm from, or set it to show a Canadian IP address.
    I had heard that I could do this using "SocksCap" with proxies, but when I found where I could download it on another forum, after installation it shows as being out of date and I cannot find a working copy of it.
    Keep in mind I have never fooled with proxys, etc.

I see lots of posts about keeping web browsers anonymous, but this is actually an application.

Would appreciate any direction you can give.

Thanks

2. raco

raco Registered Member

To use SocksCap, you need a socks server somewhere on the Internet. If you want a Canadian IP address, then the socks server will have to be in Canada.

You could also use a VPN. For example, www.findnot.com provides access to both socks and VPN servers in several countries around the world. I have not used it but it seems very good and not expensive (if you play poker, then I suppose you won't mind paying a few dollars a month ;-).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.