How do I uninstall the OS Selector completely

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by peteb_hwp, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peteb_hwp

peteb_hwp Registered Member

I had a problem with the OSS today, when I started my PC it would not boot, I got a message that Acronis OSS could not find any commands, and suggested I hit Enter toi try again, but that just produced the same error.

I am really not sure why this happened, but the situation is annoying. I had to boot from the Acronis rescue CD (thank God I made one!!) where I then deactivated the OSS and the PC then was able to boot my WinXP Pro SP2.

I really do not need to use the OSS at all. I originally intended to set up for dual booting but I have since found a different way to enable running a second OS by using a virtual machine to enable running Linux.

So what I would like to do is just get rid of the OSS completely, but I cannot find any way to remove the OSS from my PC in the DD Suite commands. Do I have to do this removal by using the emergency CD and using that menu? How can I be sure it will put my MBR back to its original pre-OSS state? Or is there a software command in the OSS software that I am missing? I mostly hope I do not have to go to the Recovery Console methodds to fix the MBR....

BTW I have the downl;oaded version of the DDS, so I do not have a mfr original CD. Thanks for the help. I have not even tried to reboot since using the rescue CD, I hope my OSS will remain disabled and allow a cold startup.....

Pete B

2. nuljet

nuljet Registered Member

Check section 1.5 of the manual. If you don't have the manual, you can download it from the Disk Director section of the Acronis web site.

3. peteb_hwp

peteb_hwp Registered Member

Thanks. I did eventually check it before I saw your post, and found that section. I guess it is just not obvious that you select Install to also uninstall, but the real problem is that advice should also be in the Help file IMO.

Anyway, I did the uninstall, everythging is OK now. I powered down and back up several times, everything is OK.

Pete B

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

I agree, Pete. If you're trying to uninstall, then selecting a choice from a menu that is labeled "install" is very non-intuitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.