How do I uninstall NOD v2?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tbuddy, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbuddy

tbuddy Registered Member

I'm trying to upgrade to NOD v3.

Install of NOD v3 did not uninstall NOD v2.

So I've uninstalled v3, but I can't find any way to uninstall v2 before installing v3 again.

As strange us that is, I find it even stranger that there is no mention of uninstalling v2 ANYWHERE in this forum.

Help?

2. tbuddy

tbuddy Registered Member

Based on the reply I got from ESET Customer Support, I see I need to add some more information to this post.

There is no UnInstall option under Start -> All Programs -> Eset.

And NOD32 is not listed in Control Panel -> Remove Programs.

But v2 is definitely installed and running on my machine.

I installed v3, which I wrongly assumed would be smart enough to look for and/or uninstall v2. It was not.

I had no problem uninstalling v3. I just can't find any way to uninstall v2 so I can reinstall v3.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would try a reinstall of 2.7 and see if it shows in the control panel. If it does show in the control panel, uninstall it, restart your computer, delete the ESET folder in Program Files, and install Version 3.

4. tbuddy

tbuddy Registered Member

After a few tries, reinstalling v2.7 worked. And it did put an UnInstall options on the Programs menu.

I got hung up on the Error 210 until I turned off all but the basic Install options (using Advanced Install).

Thanks for the tip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.