How do I stop ESET from posting on my Facebook page?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Scotty43, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotty43

Scotty43 Registered Member

ESET is somehow posting notices to my Facebook page. I don't know how this happened. I assume I somehow gave them permission without realizing what I was doing. In any case I want to stop this immediately. Does anyone know how to do this. ESET does not show on my friend list and I am only allowing Friends to post on my Wall. Thanks for the help!

2. Hawk82

Hawk82 Registered Member

You probably have ESET in your like list or on subscriptions. You must UNLIKE that ESET page or unsubscribe from it....

3. Scotty43

Scotty43 Registered Member

Thanks Hawk! I found a solution in Facebook help [I had to google just to find that help section]. Here's how you do it: On a News item you want to edit, if you hover your cursor in the upper right hand corner of that item, a "down arrow" indicating a list appears. When you click on that it gives you some options. I think what happened is that I once clicked on a Like button somewhere for ESET and that gave them permission to post on my Wall. How rediculous is that?? So I just won't "Like" anything for Facebook ever again. I assumed that clicking that button just told other people visiting that site it was worth reading - or told my facebook friends THAT ONE ITEM was worth reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.