How Do I Setup EAV 4 To Scan Incoming Files On Msn Messenger?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by budachild, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budachild

budachild Registered Member

How do I setup EAV 4 to scan incoming files on Windows Live Messenger [Formerly Msn Messenger - Same software different name now]? I haven't been able to find any help online. The official ESET website has a support article about it that is very outdated here:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1241967954095

According to what they mention on the above ESET url link, your files can be scanned if you use their steps. I tried doing so and yes I saw some sort of command window pop up and close on it's own. But it just opened and closed in an instant. I couldn't even tell what it was doing... Or if it had actually scanned the incoming file someone sent me. According to the same steps from ESET it's supposed to create a log in your programs folder, and I saw NONE! Like I said the steps they ask you to take above are old and probably don't apply to ESET AV 4 which is what I use...

Below are the steps BLACKSPEAR mentioned in his forum STICKY for his EAV 3 tutorial:

Can someone please help? I used to use AVG and it was awesome! It had a nice little GUI that would pop up and scan incoming files easily. I'm starting to think that ESET is a bit too complicated... I mean come on! Some little black command window popping up? That just looks dum and unprofessional. I'd like to see something come up and scan like when you right click an item and use the ESET scan feature in your context menu.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  2. DesertRat

DesertRat Registered Member

Those switches overly complicate things, don't they? The following line works like the right-click context menu scan for me.

"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" /clean-mode=strict /quarantine

Just those two switches, no place holders. It won't give you one thing you ask for - a nice, pop-up GUI. It's just short, simple, sweet, and to the point.

Suit yourself by opening a command prompt and running "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" /help

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Will including this command switch block Windows Live Messenger from logging in o_O?

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

5. siljaline

6. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

7. siljaline

If the alternate command switch solves your issue with WLM, that's great :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.