how do i secure POP3 email login, not the messages

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by RT808, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RT808

RT808 Registered Member

I noticed in Thunderbird, all my account logins are set to send without security. I called my main ISP and they said they don't offer secured login.

Is there a way i can at least send my login info securely? the email messages themselves i don't need to encrypt. thanks

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Probably something like SpyShelter, Zemana, or KeyScrambler will be best, along with a good firewall.

3. RT808

RT808 Registered Member

i did install Keyscrambler free for FF and use sandboxie and delete at close, also have Avira suite running, but the logins are sent automatically by thunderbird. I guess i'd like to know how easy is it to grab the email login over my cable ISP's network?
    When it receives email it's contacting 2 mail servers for 4 accounts. that's what worries me

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Keyscrambler Personal doesn't work for ThunderBird, you need to buy it. SpyShelter has a usable free version for 32-bit systems. An HIPS (part of many firewalls) is also a viable alternative.

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I would tell your ISP to "pound sand" and cancel your email account and chose another provider that has secure login! ;)

6. RT808

RT808 Registered Member

is it really easy to grab the login password over the network? even if i buy Keyscrambler paid, since it's sent automatically, would it be scrambled since i didn't use the keyboard each time i logged in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.