How do I replace a corrupted system file ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rimrim, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rimrim

    rimrim Registered Member

    May 5, 2004
    Can anybody help me to replace a corrupted system file. My OS is Win98SE, and a check run by System File Checker displays a message : 'file wpsdrv9x.vxd may be corrupted'. I have tried to replace the file from my Win98SE CD-ROM, but SFC says it can't find the replacement file.
    I have run a 'Find Files & Folders' search which listed three wpsdrv9x.vxd files, one in the System folder, one in the Panda firewall folder, and one in Windows Help Desk, SFC folder.
    I copied all three files and tried to interchange them with the above three files in the hope that at least one would be in order and it would cure the problem, but it didn't work. SFC still displays the corrupted file message whichever combination of files I use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. dangitall

    dangitall Registered Member

    Feb 23, 2004
    New Hamster, USA
    Try placing a copy of the file you want SFC to extract/replace on a floppy disk and, when SFC asks, direct it to the floppy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.