how do i open pbf files?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bardos, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bardos

bardos Registered Member

can i change their names?

how can i view them and extract individual files?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You can change its name but you shouldn't change its extension type. Also beware that you will need to readd to your archive list if you do change your archive name.

To extract individual files, go to File Transfer Wizard, locate and double click the .PBF or .000 file, drill into where the file/folder you want to extract, move to clipboard, and complete the wizard. You can also mount the archive in the Archive tab.

3. bardos

bardos Registered Member

the folder where i directed my first backup to is called

"arc_150110140647214"

it contains six files : 3 pbf's and 3 pbm's (perhaps i made some wrong moves to backup?)

then i made a second backup on startup, this folder is called

"arc_150110192012475"

this folder has only two files: a pbf and a pbm

i see the date and time 15 01 10 1920 the next numbers are what??

so i can change the pbf file names... the folder designation "arc etc should be maintained?

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

As long as the file extension is maintained (PBF, PFM, 000),we can still restore the image. Those long strings of numbers are time stamps to keep the file unique and prevent any possibility of one backup overwriting another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.