How do I make it USB portable?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by GrammatonCleric, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

The nicest thing about NOD 2.7 is the fact that I can dump the whole thingy onto a usb drive and scan a non-networked system with it but just lunching the nod32.exe. It won't scan RAM but who cares at least I get a prelimenary beddies scan and all without the need to install another AV or have the system updated online (while the malware updates itself also).
    So is there a way to make NOD32 V4 run off a USB or CD-ROM drive?
    I have dumped the whole folder onto USB but it won't run on another system, keep telling me that nodkrn.exe is not started etc.

Please make it USB portable since it's what made NOD32 apart from every other system.

2. Cosmo 203

Cosmo 203 Registered Member

3. Novicex

Novicex Registered Member

Is this a Legal operation? I think its depend on your license:doubt:

4. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

If I don't install it, and never give it to the user it's not really on their system.
    I am just scanning their system with my OWN CD made on my OWN SYSTEM that does not really touch their system.

Besides it's a great advertisement mechanic, what's better then to scan a system with an AV and for the owner to see all the detections that their installed AV could not detect? :)

It just helps me ID the threats onsite instead of having to yank the drive out and slave it via USB...if I have to slave it via USB then I might as well throw other things at it where ESET takes lowest priority if at all (if you can run higher end forensic tools then what's the point of running COTS).

Many times I run the NOD32 tool on the user's PC, then grab all the unIDed "probable malware" pack it up and send it to eset.

It just made life sooo much easier.

Besides not like I am giving it to them, it's something that made ESET apart from others, otherwise I might as well wait for the last year of my 3 year lic to expire and run Avira and install Avira on their system.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.