How do I make a Recovery disc?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jPaulB, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jPaulB

jPaulB Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I've downloaded and installed the Paragon Backup and Restore 2012 (free) version and...

I'm trying to make a bootable recovery disc and making myself crazy running into brick walls. I have also downloaded KB3AIK.ISO and burned it to a DVD, and tried to work with that.

Could it be possible that the (free) version is just a trial, and not capable of an actual recovery? (That might be why I am getting a flat spot on my forehead)

Many thanks
    -Paul-

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There should be an entry in the Paragon menu system for creating a recovery CD/USB key. Try to find something like Tools -- Recovery Media Builder. It will be Linux-based and is complete. You do not need to play with WAIKs and the like which is used to build a WinPE recovery disk.

You will only need to go the WinPE route if the Linux one doesn't work on your system.

3. jPaulB

jPaulB Registered Member

I'll dig around and try.
    I don't know if Linux will work or not. My o/s is Windows-7

Nope didn't work.

There is a Tools > Burn Recovery Media option, that leads to a wizard.
    I tried several times, using different settings, but although the wizard seems to complete properly, there is never any content on the DVD.

I've heard good things about Paragon, thats why I wanted to try it.

Recovery MUST be disabled in this version. Wish Paragon said something 48 hours ago.

Thanks though
    -Paul-

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I use a CD instead of a DVD but I'm not sure if that matters.

The burned media is Linux-based so trying to see what is on it with Windows Explorer may not be a valid method. Have you tried booting the created DVD?

The free version does include a method to recover, it is a complete product although not perhaps as full-featured as the paid version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.