How do I integrate the on-demand scanner

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by psyko12, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psyko12

psyko12 Registered Member

How do I integrate the on-demand scanner with my downloader program, I can use my console scanner to be used by adding the EXE file ecls or something like that how ever after the file is scanned it exits right away, I don't want that to happen because I want to read the report after the scan has been made... So how do I make use of the window based scanner instead of the console/cmd prompt one?

Thanks and will wait for replies :D

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is not possible with ESET Smart Security , neither with ESET NOD32 v3/v4 . This is because the scan is performed by the kernel itself (ekrn.exe) . The user interface is just an interface (egui.exe) .

You can use ecls.exe or simply don't use it and rely on the web-access protection or real-time file system protection . They will warn you if a threat is found . Try with eicar (eicar.com)and you'll see yourself (that additional scanning with a command line scanner or on-demand scanner is not neccessary) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.