How Do I Install Tails within a Truecrypt Hidden Volume on an Encrypted USB Stick?

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by Please Help Me, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Registered Member

I am currently using the process described in the link below

https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/manual_usb_installation/windows/index.en.html

to install my Tails 0.15 OS on one of my 32 gigabyte memory sticks (which hasn't been encrypted by Truecrypt yet). Now if I were to encrypt that entire USB thumbdrive using the Hidden Volumes method (one Decoy outter volume and one Hidden Volume) is there a way in which I can install the Tails within the Hidden Volume? I cannot select the right USB drive on Step 3 for the Universal USB Installer to install Tails within the Hidden Volume. I guess I would have to first install Tails on the USB stick and then copy and paste Tail's USB files onto my Desktop. Then I will encrypt my USB stick and finally I will copy and paste the Tails USB files onto the USB's Hidden Volume. If that doesn't work, what do you guys suggest I should do?

Lastly and most importantly, how will I run Tails from within my USB's Hidden Volume on Oracle's Virtual Box VM? I can't set Virtual Box correctly to run Tails from an USB thumbdrive.

The final result I am trying to achieve is this:

Tails (stored within the Hidden Volume of my encrypted 32 gigabyte USB) running inside Virtual Box.

Help is greatly appreciated and have a merry XMas.

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Have you asked this question on the Tails forum at: tails.boum.org/forum ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.