How do I find my license code?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by pwillener, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I licensed AVG Antispyware as Ewido 3.5, then ported it over to Ewido 4.0, and finally AVG 7.5

Over the last weekend, without a warning, the AVG icon in the systray turned gray, and opening it, it shows as '7.5.0.50 free', with a 'Buy now' button and 'Enter license code' link.

When I go to the Grisoft website I find a 'Renew your license' page, where I can enter my current license number. However, I have no clue where to find my original license number. I searched all my email messages, but I don't seem to have any message(s) from Ewido.

Thanks for any tips.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Thanks for the advice, HiTech_boy.

However, I have meanwhile found my original license; searching for 'Element5' instead of 'Ewido' did the trick.

I then went to the Ewido website, converted the 3.5 license to 4.0, and was able to renew. Just got an email saying that I will get the new license code within 2 hours.

4. jayt

jayt Registered Member

I realize that this is a slightly out of date thread, but to find your registration code, you simply right click the AVG icon in the task bar and then left click on "information". Your code will appear. (Not sure this will work if icon has turned grey). :)

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Didn't know that, good tip.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.