How do i Completely deleate program and have another trial

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Is there a program which can completely deleate a program from the registary (if that is where it is) and allow me to have another trial. As when i go to deleate programs and try to install it again it still has the last trial from the previous trial download.

Its just that when i was insalling a program there was a problem when i was trying to download an uptade the program from the internet and now it wont let me do anything as it says the trial is over but its not.

Is this to do with the program still being in the regestary or something and if so are there any programs that can completely deleate it so i can have another trial so i can see if i want to actually buy it.

Thanks

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

More than likely it is....in the Registry that is.

If you have a good registry cleaner, try that, and if you are comfortable working in the registry run regedit and do a Find to search for the particular program name, and delete the keys. This is of course, after doing a Registry backup. ;)

Cheers, TAS

3. AnthonyG

Thanks,

Do you know the name of any really good and easy to use registary cleaning programs that will easily do the job as im not that skilled at using regedit and dont want to make a mistake and mess my computer up

Thanks for your help

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. AnthonyG

Sorry for sounding stupid but i have the program, now what do i do to get rid of the registary entry for the program.

I tried typing in the name of the program and search for any entries containing it but found nothing.

So what do i do to find the program i want to get rid of.

Thanks

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

May I suggest what might be a slightly simpler method.....just contact the Company, Vendor or whoever publishes the programme in question....then just throw yourself on their good-will, tell them you made a BOO-BOO and could they kindly give you another crack at it......I've made more BOO-BOOs than enough and after laying prostrate before the 'Owners' I have been given numerous 2nd goes at the Apple......at the end of the day these people really DO want you to buy their product and it hurts them not to let you have another go.......and NO, your not Stupid Anthony, your just striving to get where you want to be like the rest of us Mate......Go get 'em...... :D

Cochise, :cool:

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

For Future trial software programs; if you have no program such as FirstDefense or Goback, one solution is to;

1. Make a copy of your registry; I use WinRescue to make a backup before a new install. http://www.superwin.com/index.htm A trial version can be used for now.

2. During the actual install use the free program, Total Uninstall to monitor the Program install. http://www.geocities.com/ggmartau/

3. Uninstall from Add/Remove, remove via TU and then revert the registry back with WR. You can then use a good registry cleaner such as RegSupreme http://www.macecraft.com/brief_rs/ to check for any registry entries left. Again download the trial version.

For now, do as Cochise suggested or install the program again using Total Uninstall. Then remove as above, then try a fresh install.

8. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi anthony
    i have an excellent prog. that has a registry cleaner---a general cleaner and has an uninstall wizard -an undo -and several other progs.it is called ultraWincleaner and it really works and is simple to use
    rita

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have to agree with Cochise about contacting the company that owns the program. Trying to beat the trial limitations is without doubt against the rules and regulations you should have read before you downloaded the software in question. It would be appreciated if you would not ask the members here at wilders to help you to get another trial when it is obvious that it will not let you retrial without purchase. Your best bet would be to just tell the company what happened and they will probably be happy to help. You are attempting to do it the wrong way.

thanks

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.