how do i compact my program's menu?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

when i click start>all programs my programs wont fit on the menu :( . when i go into safe mode the programs are compacted on the menu, and fit. how do i compact my programs? then what do you do when you have more programs and they wont fit again? if you dont know what im talking about, please ask for screenshots and ill show you :eek: thanks

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

May I see a screenshot or two?

By the way, I create subfolders in the Start Menu\Programs directory and group similar apps together to make the menus very streamlined:

Media Players and Recorders
    Winamp
    Windows Media Player
    CloneCD

Security
    AdAware SE
    Spybot S&D
    Outpost
    NOD32

... you get the idea

Regards
    -O

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

optigrab, where did you go? well, anyway youll have to forgive my editing. here is a screen shot. left is safe mode, right is normal boot

Attached Files:

4. optigrab

Hmmm... was I missing in action for some time? :D

Iceni60, I can't account for the different line spacing you're seeing normal vs safe mode. Seems odd to me, too. Would be an intersting tweak to change the line spacing on the start menu. I should point out that I'm not using XP on my personal machines.

Here is a screenshot that will give a better idea of what I do - I know it is probably not what you're hoping for, but I find it is a worthwhile bit of housekeeping.

Attached Files:

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

optigrab, i think ive worked it out. after looking at your programs i see its you who's been stealing my programs from me :eek: i have all those programs too. and thanks for the screen shot, ive changed my start menu to classic and theres alot more room now. thank you :cool:

6. optigrab

Fortunately, I'm safely removed from the scene of the crime, on a different continent! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.