How do I burn a CD with the latest version?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brian Kendig, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Kendig

Brian Kendig Registered Member

I purchased Acronis True Image 9, installed it, upgraded to the latest version (build 3677), and have been using it to back up my hard drive.

My primary drive just become corrupt, and I need to restore from the backups; but when I boot from the Acronis True Image 9 CD-ROM and try to restore from the image file, it tells me: "The selected file is not an Acronis True Image Archive."

I presume this is happening because backups I made with the latest version aren't compatible with the version on the CD.

How do I burn myself a new bootable Acronis True Image CD with the latest version of the software on it, so I can restore my system?

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

cant you reinstall the software on another computer to allow burning?

Good luck,

Jaycee

3. Brian Kendig

Brian Kendig Registered Member

Never mind, I figured it out - there's a Rescue Media Builder app to burn a rescue CD, using the current version installed on the computer.

It wasn't clear from the documentation that this was what I needed. (I thought it was going to back up part of the contents of my hard drive, or something.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.