How do 3-PC A-V downloads work?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Over the years I've purchased boxed while on sale or occasionally free until I found a sale to my liking. I'm considering going the download route this time. I'm assuming once you receive a license number, you can go to the linked site and download the product three times. Is this correct? Thank you!

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Not quite.Think only sbout the license key, which allows for 3 PCs using it at any given time.
    You could install/download as many times as you want (usually), as long as you don't try to have it active on any more than 3 (at the same time), during life of license.

HTH,
    Dermot

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Like Dermot7 said. If you buy a 1PC - 1 year license, then you can use that on 1PC for one year.

If you buy a 3PC - 1 year license, you can use that product/license on 3PC's at the same time for one year.

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

OK, thank you for the replies!

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You're welcome ratchet :)

6. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

You should check the terms and conditions before buying. I believe a 3 pc license, means all licenses start on activation of the first one.
    Also some sites give you the option to pay, for an extended download period ( say two years after your initial purchase.) The installer is usually a small file that then installs the product from the internet, so you do not have the full offline installer to keep

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes it is one license that 3 users can use so the clock is ticking for all 3 users at the same time.

Like if you install the product on PC1 directly, and on PC2 and PC3 let's say 8 months later, they will still expire at the same date that PC1 does.

One can usually find offline installers on the vendors websites that one can download. I always use the offline installer myself when available. :thumb:

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Details vary between vendors, but a 3 PC, 1 Year license for ESET's software means that you will receive one license key that is good for use on up to three computers for 12 months after the key was first used.

If you want to use multiple licenses so that they all end at the same time, you would probably be better off avoiding a web site purchase and instead contacting a reseller or distributor or office and asking them about how to handle pro-rata license upgrades, such as buying a 1 PC, 12 month license in January for PC #1, a 1 PC 9 month license in March for PC #2 and a 1 PC 6 month license in June for PC #3 so that they will all expire at the same time next January.

If you want to protect just one PC for three years, than you are better off purchasing a 1 PC, 3 Year license. Again, that might not be available via a company's web store, so you'd have to call a reseller, distributor or office to find out details.

I would imagine the same thing applies to other vendors as well.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

P.S. Sometimes resellers have promotions they can offer, but only if you ask them if they currently are running any. In any case, it never hurts to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.