How Digital signature is given to an application???

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mayank_3103, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayank_3103

mayank_3103 Registered Member

hi all,
    I made a demo project in VS2005 just for to check vista compatibility. And i did really well. But whenever i run my exe each time the dialog box of vista comes infront of me"AN Unidentified Program wants to access...". As it doesnt ask when i run that from user mode. But i wanted to give that the consent.:rolleyes:
    then after a long search i came to no tat it needs the digital signature for that. and i think a code signing certificate from somewhere. I dont want to purchase as i only need for the test purpose.

If some one can tell me how to give the consent to my program and the procedure to digitally sign exe.

Thanx in advance.....

2. mayank_3103

Is it necessary to hav the Vista SDK or it will work with visual studio 2005?

I tried with studio but pvk2pfx.exe file is missing....:oops:

Looking for a solution...

3. mayank_3103

finally i got my application signed. But now another problem arises, how shld i carry this digitally signed application(.exe file) to run at different system, there its showing "digital signature is not verified".

hav i did somthin wrong or i m missing somethingo_O??

i want my application run at other system as it is running at my system.

At my system, application property window showing"Digital signature is Ok."

please help me to get out of this....

Thanks in advance...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.