How did these show up?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by frank47, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank47

frank47 Registered Member

All that use to show was floppy drive,c drive and drive d.I have no E drive.and i can't figure out how shared docs, and nicks docs got there.Can you tell me how to fix this? It poses no harm but its confusing.Thanks

Attached Files:

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Are you Nick, or is there someone you know named Nick that has access to your computer? If so, these 2 folders are probably misfiled. Figure out where they belong and right click and use "Send to" to move them to their proper spot. It looks like Drive E is your CD Rom drive.

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

As twl845 mentioned, this usually shows up when multiple people use the one system at work. Someone called Nick either logged in or these files might have been dragged from a removable drive.

Either way, just delete the folder.

4. frank47

Thanks Fellows. my docs. are on my desktop.I just realized My documents and Nicks docs(which is me)are all the same documents.I can't delete them from my computer area. Right click does not give me that option.Also have only one dvd drive.Checked device manager,my dvd drive is listed plus
    DOPGR596BOX5CS1 cd rom drive have no idea what this is.

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

What OS are you running? If that pic is from "My Computer" do not delete anything from it. As a rule, do not delete anything that you didn't create yourself. By that I mean individual files such as documents, music, etc. And while were at it, never delete a program, they need uninstalled :)

Here is a pic of my XP Home SP3 "My Computer". I am the admin on this machine and "Owner's Documents" are mine. Yours looks pretty normal to me except for maybe the phantom cd/dvd drive. Is this a used computer or have you ever replaced cd/dvd drives?

picmycomputer.JPG

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. frank47

Thanks Innerpeace, great advice.It does no harm Just wasn't used to seeing it.
    I'll leave it alone.

7. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

The phantom drive sounds like it may have been created by a program like Daemon or Alcohol 120.

8. frank47

Just an update to all who helped me. I uninstalled the phantom drive from device manager with no repercussions.Thanks again.

9. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Looks like some software you use installed a virtual drive.

As for the docs folders, you can remove them with TweakUI. You can create custom folders there with Folder2MyPC.

10. frank47

The phantom drive keeps showing up when i reboot.How can I find out what program I downloaded is causing it?
    INSTEAD OF UNINSTALLING IN DEVICE MANAGER I DISABLED IT. NOW IT DOESN'T LOAD ANYMORE.tHANKS

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.