How did I miss those "items to check"?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by spy1, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

After un-installing the previous version and d/l'ing and installing 3.0, I must have somehow missed the new items that were there to be added (although I could have sworn that I "Select"ed all and then "Protected" against all checked items.

In case anyone out there is similarly brain-dead, you might want to go to the "Protection" tab and make really sure that all "Overview" items (IE, Restricted Sites, and Mozilla/FireFox protections are reading zero for the amount of "items that have protection disabled".

On a side-note there, I had to actually click on that list and manually add the items - there was no way on that page to "Select All". Can that be addressed? Pete

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Here is my theory :p

Uninstalling SpywareBlaster v2.6.1 or older didn’t remove the CLSIDs that I assume were still activated. Therefore when installing SpywareBlaster v3 even though “"Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, dialers, etc." feature may have been disabled by default SpywareBlaster still detected the CLSIDs which were still activated in the registry, once you checkmark that feature to enable it checkmarks and activates everything which probably were mainly new additions. ;)

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

There should be a Select All option if you right-click on any of the Block List areas (under Internet Explorer, Restricted Sites, Mozilla/Firefox). :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Sure enough, there is! Thank you, sir! ("Pete! RTFM!") Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.