How can sleep mode possibly cause this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

This is basically a benign problem although it would be nice to repair/understand it. Recently on a x64 W7 SP1 system, the "View in Google Maps" tab in Google Earth crashes G E. The gist of the crash/error is that after going in/out of sleep, the dll file: igdumdim32.dll is missing or corrupted. If I update the Intel 4000 Graphics driver all is well until "Sleep" again. I haven't encountered any other issues. Any theories would be appreciated!

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Is the driver you are using download from the computer manufacturer's website (in which case most likely it is outdated)? You can download the latest driver from Intel Driver Update.

3. ratchet

I built this PC May 2012 and have been using Intel's latest driver from their sight in the repair attempts. I have an update though! I updated the driver via Windows Device Manager. It may actually be the first time "Update Driver" actually found any in my life! lol Then I put it in sleep, woke her up and it still worked. The current driver that is appearing in Device Manager (presumably the one I just installed) lists it's date as 2012. I'm not sure what it was prior. I've just reinstalled the current Intel one from their site (Intel Iris and HD graphics Driver for Windows 7/8/8.1x64) again to experiment. This driver did not create the problem either, as I only installed it as a possible resolution to the issue. Still not sure exactly when or how the problem started. You can include road and street names in G E anyway so like I said this is no big deal. I've made a AX64 snapshot so if after sleep it's still doing it I'll restore in less than two minutes.

4. ratchet

Update II! Device Manager definitely fixed the problem and it definitely does not like the current driver (from Intel's support) because it crashed it again. I restored, put it in sleep, tested again and it works. Interesting how shutdown/boot doesn't affect it, just sleep.

5. roger_m

I'm glad that it's fixed now. Under Windows 7, Device Manager does an excellent job of finding drivers.

6. ratchet

Thank you for your interest and Merry Christmas!

7. roger_m

Merry Christmas to you too Ratchet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.